24 maj, 2021

Technical challenges, Facebook and Greek networking at its best.

The last few days we have had problems with the water and bilge pumps. We have problem solved with help from our 24/7 hotline and co-owner Karl Erik. 
The water pump just didn’t want to stop. The bilge pump kept starting. 
They found the problem. 
There was a high pressure relief valve, attached to the hot water tank. This valve was getting old and all mucked up. So it released more water than it should. 
The water dripped into the sump at the bottom of the boat, and then another pump was activated (it is a floater sensor) and when the level gets too high,  the bilge pump starts.  (I hope that you notice that I have learned a lot! ). 

To get this old valve out, Svend had to empty the storage cupboard and crawl into it! 



This was all the stuff that had to be unloaded first. 

Through Facebook and a group ‘sailing in Greece’ I had ‘met’ Richard Rowe this morning, he lives on the next door island and recommended the goodhelpful people at Safrano restaurant. I could have had my morning coffee at any taverna, but I went there. 
And Iannis, the owner, was so friendly. The trip advisor had excellent reviews, (they should have a Michelin star’. I booked a table. 
Half an hour later I was back and asked him if he knew of where I could get a 
 βαλβίδα εκτόνωσης πίεσης
valvída ektónosis píesis (And what to do without google translate)? 
And an hour later, a blacksmith arrived. Saw the part, and replaced the old one!   
What a great network! Thanks to Karl ERIK via FaceTime in Denmark, Richard Rowe, ‘sailing in Greece’ the friendly smith, the translator from the hotel who stood through the whole time, and Iannis from Safrano restaurant . Oh. And Facebook I guess as well. 
So now? dinner time! http://www.sofrano-yachtingclub.com/







Ingen kommentarer: